January is for Chili!
Happy 2021!! We have finally turned the page on 2020 and looking for a brighter New Year!
This month is Chili themed, just perfectly warming for the season!
So what will be in your weekly box?
Here is the breakdown of the ingredients you will receive each week:
- 2 or 4 Servings of BBQ Jackfruit Tacos with vegan cheese, toppings (avocado, onions, tomatoes and cilantro) and tahini dressing.
- 2 or 4 Servings of Southwestern Buddha Bowl (Quinoa, black beans, baked sweet potatoes, tomatoes, mixed greens, avocado and pesto).
- 2 or 4 Servings of Hoppin John (black-eyed peas, brown rice, kale, tomatoes, celery, onions, garlic, bell peppers, green onions, and spices)
- 2 or 4 Servings of Black Bean Tacos with vegan cheese, toppings (avocado, onions, tomatoes and cilantro) and chipotle ranch dressing.
- 2 or 4 Servings of Fungi Buddha Bowl: Quinoa, mushrooms, asparagus, red peppers, sunflower seeds, avocado.
- 2 or 4 Servings of Sweet Potato Chickpea Chili (chickpeas, onion, carrots, celery, bell peppers, garlic, crushed tomatoes, corn, vegetable broth, maple syrup and spices).
- 2 or 4 Servings of seasoned Tempeh Tacos with vegan cheese, kraut and vegan tartar sauce.
- 2 or 4 Servings of Asian Bowl: Quinoa, broccoli, chickpeas, sesame seeds and sesame dressing.
- 2 or 4 Servings of Black Bean Chili (black beans, onions, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, corn, vegetable broth and spices).
- 2 or 4 Servings of Portabello Mushroom Tacos with vegan cheese, onions, peppers, spinach and pesto.
- 2 or 4 Servings of the Mean Green (Quinoa, broccoli, avocado, tempeh, cucumber, cooked onions and green peppers, tahini dressing (salt, pepper, olive oil purchased by participant).
- 2 or 4 Servings of the 3 Bean Chili (pinto beans, black beans, kidney, tomato paste, onion, bell peppers, carrots, garlic, jalapeno peppers, vegetable broth, and spices).
Where can I pick up my box?
Pick location is at our Cafe location at 808 5th Street SW Roanoke, VA. You will see signs for "The Haven on 5th" which is the name of our main house. The cafe is located on the main floor. Please park in the gravel lot to the right of the house on 5th street.
When can I pick up?
Our current pick up time is weekly on Monday between 4:30pm and 6:30pm. If you need to pick up on a different day or time, please contact us to arrange something.
Do you offer shipping?
Unfortunately we do not yet offer shipping options for our CAFE AT HOME meal boxes.
What type of taco tortillas are included?
The Taco shells are the 6 in Siete Cassava Tortillas (visit https://sietefoods.com/ for more information about their products).
Are the fresh ingredients pre-cut or do I have to cut them up myself?
Although we will try to make the food prep as easy as possible, some of the fresh food items will need to be cut to size before cooking in order to preserve freshness of the food item. We will give you directions of how to process each item on the recipe card included in your box.
Will any of the items in the box be ready to eat?
Yes! You will find that some of the side that are Garden Song Signature items will be pre-made and ready to eat! Some items will be pre-cooked to save you time such as the beans for your January Chili.
Can I get a discount if I sign up for more than 1 month?
Yes! If you sign up for 3 months, you get 10% off your total order! Just choose the 3-months Cafe at Home option to benefit from this special!
What if I am allergic or do not like a food included in the box of the month?
Food sensitivities are common and we are willing to accommodate or attempt to substitute certain food items upon request. Please send us a message letting us know what you would like subbed or removed and we will take care of that for you!
Are all ingredients in the boxes Vegan?
Are all ingredients in the boxes Gluten Free?